Wondering how you can keep your teenager entertained with Aulani activities for teens?
You’ve been dreaming about going to Hawaii for years, right? And you finally have the opportunity to go there with your family to relax and explore. But you want to make sure your kids have tons of Aulani activities for teens so they don’t get bored and can make the most of their time there.
(Don’t worry, I’ll be releasing blog posts on Aulani activities for adults and kids soon! Then you’ll know the best things to do for all members of the family!)
Sometimes, depending on the mood of your teens, they’ll want to do all sorts of different things. And thankfully, Aulani offers a ton of unique activities that are sure to keep your teen busy all day (and sleeping all night out of fun-exhaustion).
So without further ado, here are the top 7 Aulani activities for teens that guarantee an amazing Hawaiian vacation!
If you’d like to hear the best insider tips for traveling to Disney in an intimate setting where all of your questions and curiosities will be answered, join my new Facebook group! We’d love to see you there!
1. Water Activities Galore!
You’ll be in Hawaii; there’s no lack of chances to play in the water! Aulani Resort has a bunch of different areas where you can enjoy the pool and other water-related fun!
Some opportunities include:
- Ka Maka Grotto – Enjoy this infinity-edge pool that overlooks the beach! It’s the perfect place to swim, play, relax, and get beautiful photos.
- Rainbow Reef – This is an amazing opportunity to enjoy the coral reef without fighting the waves! Aulani has its own 3,800-square-foot saltwater private snorkeling lagoon, and there are plenty of fish to find in there!
- Waikolohe Pool – This 8,2000-square-foot pool has a lounge poolside, a vertical body slide, AND character parties. What else do you need?
- Waikolohe Stream – A beautiful lazy river experience with 2 rushing rapid areas to keep it interesting! It’s a lot of fun and very relaxing to just enjoy your ride alongside the caverns and fountain springs.
2. Shopping for the Perfect Souvenirs
Hawaiian store products are so unique and well-crafted, and you definitely won’t find these things anywhere else. And that is why it is 100% necessary to spend time finding those perfect souvenirs to take home!
Your teen will be able to grab beautiful new clothing pieces, handcrafted jewelry, fun Disney-themed hats, Hawaiian snacks, and everything in between!
3. Eye-Opening Excursions
Even though Aulani is beautiful and full of fun experiences, you may have the urge to leave the resort and explore elsewhere. And you should! There are plenty of excursions that you can go on, and Disney will even give you a discount on some of these if you book through them at Aulani!
(The excursions offered may change depending on the safety and health precautions Disney’s Aulani Resort is taking. Covid is still around, so please make sure you are staying careful, even if Aulani is keeping people distanced, clean, and safe.)
Some examples of excursions include:
- Boating/sailboat experiences
- Snorkeling & scuba diving excursions
- Helicopter adventures
- Dolphin encounter programs
- Hiking trails (including rainforest and bamboo hikes)
- Pearl Harbor excursions
- And so many more!!!
4. Spa Day & Salon Services
What’s a vacation without a relaxing spa treatment? And Hawaii is honestly the perfect place for it! Aulani has a world-class spa that offers:
- Hawaiian-inspired treatments
- Family massages
- Private vitality pools
- Mineral baths
- A pulu bar mixology station where you can blend your own body polish using natural ingredients
- Salon services, such as hairstyling, manicures & pedicures, waxing, men’s grooming services, and makeovers for the kids
These are the perfect way for your teen to feel refreshed and cared for. And it will put them in a good mood for the rest of the vacation (and several weeks afterward!).
5. Golf It Up
Aulani features a championship 18-hole course, and it is an amazing way for your teen to burn energy! The Ko Olina Golf Club will let you enjoy gorgeous views and challenging holes. It includes locker rooms with showers, steam rooms, and Jacuzzis, a golf shop, and Roy’s Ko Olina, which is a restaurant featuring iconic chef Roy Yamaguchi’s world-renowned Hawaiian-fusion cuisine.
There are plenty of discounts and special packages for Aulani guests for this award-winning golf course. Plus, all kids 17 and younger get to play for free after 3 PM!
6. Hawaiian Art Exploration
This is the place for the teens that love museums and appreciating culture! Maka’ika’i, The Art of Aulani Resort, features a guided walking tour that talks about all of the art and culture behind Aulani Resort.
There are so many small details everywhere throughout the resort, and you can learn more about them here. Your teen can gain artistic and design inspiration by learning more about Hawaiian artwork, stories, and heritage.
7. Beach Time
Now, what would Hawaii be without its phenomenal beaches? Aulani grants you direct access to a white sandy beach and lagoon, where you can enjoy plenty of beach activities. There are sun loungers and umbrellas for your teens to use so that they can enjoy your time tanning or playing in the sun without getting too burnt.
Here are some of the amazing activities that they have access to:
- Boogie boarding (these are complimentary!)
- Ki’i’one – sand-sculpting contest for teens!
- Sailing canoe experience
- North Shore Beach Zone – afternoon beach activities just for teens
- Sunset Mele – Celebration of Hawaiian music and culture for teens
- It’s a beach! There are a ton more things you can enjoy here, and it’s up to you!
There are plenty of fun and new Aulani activities for teens so that they never get bored. I know how teens can easily change their minds with what they want to do, and sometimes they might want to wander off and do their own thing. Aulani gives them the freedom to do that in a very safe environment while having the magical time of their life.
Ready for a magic-filled, stress-free Hawaiian vacation planned fully FOR FREE? Request a free quote from me to get started!