If you are a person who does not like all things scary, (like me) but still wants to relish in the joy and fun of Halloween, I highly suggest Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party. The party runs from August to Halloween each year and is filled with all sorts of spooks and treats!
This separate ticketed event includes rare character greetings, enhanced ride experiences, a Halloween parade and fireworks, and a show featuring all of our favorite witches, the Sanderson sisters. Finally, my favorite part: all the special food and CANDY.
This event is fun for both kids and adults alike. It is the only time of the year that adults as well as children are able to dress up.
First on our agenda was Space Mountain which featured Halloween music and a pitch-black experience. It was very different from the many times I have been on it, but it was SO MUCH FUN!
After a few candy stops, we were able to make our way to the Seven Dwarves, one of the character greetings that you can ONLY experience at the party. This particular line was air conditioned and moved quickly. The wait was posted as 45 minutes to an hour wait, but we waited only 30 minutes. One of the highlights of the entire night, was watching the 7 Dwarves and all of their personalities interact with the families in front of us. It is an experience not to be missed!
After taking an obligatory ride on the Haunted Mansion, it was time for the parade and fireworks. They are different than the regular Magic Kingdom fireworks and feature some Disney villains and Halloween music.
The parade features all of the unique characters that can only be found at the party as well as most of the Disney villains. This is one of the only times that you are able to see them, so if you are a villains’ fan, be sure to check it out. Pictured below: Tinkerbell on a treasure chest during the Boo to You Parade.
To end the night, we made our way over to the Main Street Bakery to try the pumpkin cheesecake, where I was delighted to find out it was gluten free. We were able to enjoy our pumpkin cheesecake and coffee while ending the night watching the Hocus Pocus show. A night of fun and unique experiences was had by all. Be sure to check it out!
Ears Halloween Party Tips
- The party runs from August to Halloween each year.
- The separate ticketed event allows you to arrive at the park at 4:00 pm, which is ample time to make fast passes for a few rides, eat dinner and check in before the party begins at 7:00 pm.
- My husband and I arrived around 5:00 pm, and we were able to get a fast pass for Buzz Light Year Space Ranger Spin, ride Thunder Mountain Railroad, meet Stitch, get a birthday button, and eat a quick dinner at Cosmic Rays. This allowed us to fully enjoy the rest of the party activities without worrying about stopping to eat.
- If you are able to arrive to Magic Kingdom before 6:00 pm, enter the park (do not follow cast member directions) and check in in Tomorrowland. It was a lot less crowded and we were able to beat the line and crowd, which saved us time and we were able to get our fast passes.
- The Halloween fireworks only occur once during the party, and they are not to be missed!
For more information or to book this unique event contact me at EMonaghan@themouseexperts.com
Boo to you!
Ears of Experience Outside Agent